I DO THIS WHEN I FEEL LONELY - CHRISTIAN SINGLES

I received quite a lot of feedback from Ten things to do when you are single and feel lonely, so if you feel lonely, you are not alone, and if you have not read that blog post, please follow the link to read it. I believe you would find it helpful.

I decided to speak with some of my friends, and I started out by asking them if they ever get lonely, LOL, and their rather strong affirmative responses, assured me that I am quite okay. and it's only human to feel lonely. Always remember though, YOU ARE NOT A LONELY PERSON, you simply FEEL LONELY IN THAT MOMENT. 

With their permission, I have replicated some of their responses here, Enjoy!



ELLA

HMMN, I scroll on Instagram, watch movies on Netflix, or YouTube anything to get my mind off. However, on some occasions, I just go back to what God had told me concerning my marital destiny. I have them written so I read through it and it gives me the sense that I would someday be found and it lowkey allows the presence of God to rub on me. Another thing I occasionally do is pray for the mystery person, which again makes me spend time with God.


IMAJE

Ok so for the longest time, I probably keep to myself and I'm very much at peace with that. Most times I just find myself praying in the Holy Ghost (must be a blessing to have that).

I also have some friends I'm really cool with and can discuss somethings as such with them with no strings attached.


BLESSING

So, I've learnt over time to distract myself.

I'll either call good friends to catch up and just gist, or watch a movie, or read, or find a family member to gist with. Sometimes I go out too. When it gets super lonely, I pray o. I'm like 'God please help your girl' … so I don't do something I'm not supposed to do.

I usually feel better after any of these sha.



THE HIGHLIGHT

  1. Distract yourself
  2. Talk to God about how you are feeling
  3. Lean to friends and family
… and I'd add, take a long soothing evening walk. Remember to stay safe. For more detailed tips, read this.


To join a family of believers that are intentional about their relationship life, click here. We meet virtually once a month to discuss topics that affect us as believers and how we relate with one another. You can connect with me here. I would love to talk with you.



Till next time, stay thriving and trusting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wait: Why am I waiting?

TO THE STRUGGLING CHRISTIAN

UNRAVELING THE ONE- A CHAT WITH DR. FEMI OSUNLUSI